--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Llundrub" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> > The ocean can be in the drop but does the drop explain the
nature of
> the ocean?
>
> No difference.
>

> ----The drop doesn't explain the nature of the ocean as vast,
deep, mysterious, the source of life, as destructive and chaotic,
but also warm and compelling.

It would appear that to a unit of consciousness identifying itself
as infinitesimally small, the drop is an entire universe.

>It doesn't explain the varieties of life that abound in its
coonfines, or how storms appear suddenly and batter its surface.

Can we absolutely say that this is true only of the ocean, and not
of the drop?

It doesn't show the waves.  One who looks at a drop and says, aha I
have the ocean in a drop thinks that the whole ocean is clear, when
instead the ocean is mostly dark and unknown. Only the surface might
really be anything like the drop.

Have we fully explored the depths of the drop?

> Sure it's all H2O, but that doesn't tell you what it is alll
about.  Same thing? Like a chicken and an eggs maybe.

Yes -- also the same :-)