Interesting but makes sense, thanks Judy.
--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> Quote from a book review in Boston.com:
>
> "Since time immemorial, curious people have asked where the universe
came from. Nowadays we have a secular answer: the Big Bang. And yet that
answer, incredible as it may be, is only partially satisfying. After
all, we can still ask where the Big Bang came from; and we can still
wonder, sensibly enough, how something (the universe) could come from
nothing (whatever came before it).

> "In his new book, On Being, Peter Atkins, a British chemist and
science writer, offers an intriguing answer to those questions. To
understand how something can come out of nothing, he writes, you have to
appreciate the fact that 'there probably isn't anything here anyway.'...

> "...The Big Bang doesn't mark, necessarily, the creation of something
out of nothing....Instead, it marks the emergence of texture,
differentiation, and particularity out of even, unchanging
featurelessness. It's not something out of nothing, but interestingness
out of boredom."

> Read more:

http://www.boston.com/bostonglobe/ideas/brainiac/2011/06/the_big_nothing\
.html