"Ravi Yogi" <raviyogi@...> wrote:
>>  "seventhray1" steve.sundur@ wrote:
> > I could elaborate more, but think I'll stop here.
> >
> You didn't have to :-)

Thanks for the prompting.  Here's what I was going to say. I was going
to bring it up to the present.

Exactly 37 years ago I was hitchiking from Snowass, Colorado to Cobb
Mountain California for my SCI (Science of Creative Intelligence)
course, as part of my overall objective to become a teacher (initiator)
of TM.

Now, I have a son, 18, who is getting ready to attend college in the
fall.  And I reflect on how the trajectory he is taking is so different
than mine.  I don't know if even a single time in his 18 years (or fewer
years for the other two - younger kids) if I even once mentioned giving
meditation a try.  In fact if/when, they would bring it up, I generally
tried to change the subject as quckly as possible.

What I am trying to say, (and not doing a very good job of it), is that
it is strange to see him taking a completely different approach to life.
I think it is the right approach for him, and there is no way I would
have wanted to him navigate the years of drug use and general abandon
that preceded my introduction to TM.  On the other hand, I think I can
say that those were just symptons of an overall seeking mentality.   I
gave them up almost immediately when I found what I felt I was looking
for.

A part of me hopes that in some way he will to a desire to penetrate the
more "accidental" aspects of life and seek out the "essential".   I
think that will a happen.

Anyway, right now, we have to go shopping for a new arm chair for our
communal room, soI'll check in later on.  Usually when I dangle a little
question like that the response is           .