> > ...because of the supernatural guardianship of the
> > Holy Ghost.

turquoiseb:
> Now that's curious. It makes me want to stand by my
> earlier characterization of you as a closet Cathar...

Isn't that kind of insulting, calling a FFL informant
a "Cathar" - what in hell is wrong with you, Turq?

This is just outrageous!!! Can't one of you moderators
step in a put a stop to this? Do your job, Rick!

"The name Cathar (often attributed to Greek or Latin
roots meaning "cleansing" or "pure") probably comes
from the word cat.

Apparently twelfth-century enemies of the Cathars
believed their rites included ritually kissing the
anus of a cat, in which form Lucifer was said to
appear.

Toward the end of the twelfth-century, the Cathars
were also slandered by the term "bougre", from
"Bulgaria," known to be the source of their heresy.

Later the word came to mean "sodomite" and is "the
root of the British slang bugger and buggery" (193).

Source:

"The Templars and the Assasins"
by James Wasserman
Inner Traditions, 2001