--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> On Jul 6, 2011, at 11:12 PM, sparaig wrote:
>
> > When Vaj apparently attempt to score brownie points in an
> > argument this way, and never bother to apologize (that I
> > am aware of), it just confirms the rather nasty impression
> > I have gotten of Vaj-as-a-person, not just just his style
> > of arguing and such.
>
> And why would I apologize for pointing out that Mahesh had
> a heart attack?

Because *in context*, you were attempting to deceive:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@> wrote:
> >
> > On Jul 6, 2011, at 8:10 AM, sparaig wrote:
> >
> > > Allegedly MMY was poisoned. So much for TM reducing
> > > the effects of poisoning, you meant to say...
> >
> > No, a myocardial infarction, a heart attack.
> >
> > "Maharishi had suffered severe abdominal pain and inflammation
> > of the pancreas, along with kidney failure followed by a heart
> > attack. "
> >
> > -Deepak Chopra

As I pointed out, the sentence you quoted from Chopra's
piece was followed *immediately* by the sentence, "Poisoning
was suspected." You did not quote that sentence, because it
validates what Lawson said: the suspicion was that the heart
attack was an effect of the poisoning.

> Unless Chopra is lying, it's quite likely to be true. Until
> more (medical) evidence is presented, I have to assume he's
> telling the truth.

In context, that's a non sequitur. Nobody's questioning
the heart attack.

But nobody has claimed TM prevents heart attacks caused
by poisoning, either.

The person who was lying was you. You could not have read
the sentence you quoted without also reading the
following sentence, "Poisoning was suspected." That's what
Lawson pointed out, and you denied it, knowing your denial
was false.

> Please keep in mind Judy frequently misrepresents what others say

Judy never intentionally misrepresents anything. You got
caught lying outright, on the record, which I quoted.
Exactly how could I be misrepresenting what you said when
I quoted it verbatim?

In my experience, the last resort of liars is to claim
the person who exposes and documents their lies is a
liar. In Vaj's case, when I've caught him in a lie, he's
typically accused me of lying without ever providing an
example of what he claims is a lie from me. This instance
is no exception. It's a desperate attempt to distract
attention from his own lie.

,