--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bob Price <bobpriced@...> wrote:

> I'm sure  many FFL posters know that great fiction writers
> are rarely, if ever, anything like the voices they use for
> their stories. For example, James Joyce was a terrible
> stammerer and Dickens hated children.

I wonder if you share my taste for those great works of romantic
fiction "Arrows of Desire", "This Side of Heaven" and "Passionate
Times"?

Sadly the writer is no longer with us. But only now I find out
that, instead of being a refined lady of good manners and developed
sensibility, "Emma Blair" was a "a burly 6ft 3in Glaswegian
with a 60-a-day habit and a fondness for a good pint".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-glasgow-west-14061327