--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Bob Price <bobpriced@...> wrote:
>Not to mention her sly habit of posting after he's gone to bed.If a great hero
>needs a compelling nemesis we might be forgiven for thinking both of these
>voices were created by the same author.

Six hours separate authfriend and turquoiseb if we assume the Eastern United
States area for the former and the Netherlands for the latter.

I have trouble connecting with friends on the West Coast of the United States
from the East Coast, and that is just three hours difference.

If we assume a typical schedule, turquoiseb can start posting before authfriend
wakes up, and vice versa.

Regarding the phrase 'hearing voices', some 40 plus years ago the psychologist
Julian Janes came up with a theory that at one time the human brain thinking
process was metaphorically divided into two parts, called the bicameral mind,
and that this mind (i.e., brain processing) evolutionarily not as integrated as
our current state, at least when the person experienced novel situations,
resulted in people hearing more unconscious mental processes as voices -
auditory hallucinations - which commanded them to action.

This division has since disappeared by modern times. The disappearance is
called the breakdown of the bicameral mind and is marked by the development of
introspective thinking and our ideas of consciousness.

I am equivocating here, you were talking about a 'writer's voice'. But this
group here is pretty weird. Some of us still have Neanderthal genetic material
passed down to us. Maybe the bicameral mind (if it were actually real) is still
with us to some degree.

Who here is hearing instructions directly from god?