Yesterday, I finished ¨Songs of >Kabir¨translated by Arvind Krishna Mehrotra,
with a Preface by Wendy Doniger. I found it delightful, full of wisdom, and
FUNNY¨. I,m certain that others on this Forem would enjoy the read.

I began¨Great House¨, and am on page29. The author, Nicole Krauss previously
wrote ¨The Histoy of Love¨, which I loved. Both were given to me by my daughter
(who, as you can expect introduces her Dad to new work). My daughter managed to
get the auther to autograph Great House, and presentewd it to me on my
birthday. So far, the setting is the Upper West Side of Manhattan, where I have
lived for most of my life. The narrator is an author, as are many in the
´hood´´.

Probably, one of these will suit you, dpending on your interests.