From: richardjwilliamstexas <willy...@yahoo.com>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 8:27 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: How to pronounce the mantras

William Parkinson:
> Shiva is the static consciousness that pervades all
> things, while shakti represents (envisioned in
> feminine form) the dynamic form of consciousness...

The answer lies in the relationship of the Sri Vidya
tradition and Kashmere Saivism. In the Shankaracharya
tradition, Shankara was born at Kaladi, where he was
a sort of child prodigy linguist, at an early age.

Shankara went to study with Gaudapada, and then
subsequently travelled to Kashi, and then to the Upper
Kashi, where he founded the Jyotir Math and composed
his commentary on 'Vedanta Sutra' and 'Bhagavad Gita'.

Shankara then traveled to Kashmere where he got the
Sri Yantra and took it to Karnataka where he placed it
on the altar and called the place Sringeri, after the
Shakti. It was at Sringeri that Shankara composed the
'Ode to the South Facing Form' and the 'Saundarylahari'.

According to Theos Bernard, Kashmere Saivism teaches
that conciousness alternates between two phases, rest
and action. You can easily see the relation to TM
practice when you consider that this is almost exactly
what MMY said at Squaw Valley!

The phase of transcendental rest is called 'Pralaya'
in Sanskrit, which has no first beginning, therefore
no primal cause. The world of matter is only another
form of conciousness.

The Vedanta doctrine contends that there is only one
ultimate reality which never changes; therefore the
manifest world is an 'appearance' only, Maya.

Kashmere Saivism contends that there is only one
reality, but it has *two aspects*. The manifestation,
Maya, is real. This is based on the argument that the
effect cannot be different from its cause.

However, according to the Siva Sutra, human logic can
never construct an unassailable monism; the final
proof can be had only by the experience of yogic
samadhi, attained through mantric meditation.

Centering - An excerpt from the 'Bhairava Tantra',
translated by Swami by Laksmanjoo:

7. Devi, imagine the Sanskrit letters in these
honey-filled foci of awareness, first as letters, then
more subtly as sounds, then as most subtle feeling.
Then, leaving them aside, be free.

14. Bathe in the center of sound, as in the continuous
sound of a waterfall. Or, by putting fingers in ears,
hear the sound of sounds.

19. Intone a sound audibly, then less and less audible
as feeling deepens into this silent harmony.

Read more:
http://www.rwilliams.us/archives/centering.htm