Only in my younger days.

I concluded that people deserve something better than that. I found them
wanting to attribute more Reality to me than I really could claim. It
was an easy way to attribute too much to "divine power or God's
grace" because someone had a (temporary) connection to the ocean of
power.

It's just too easy to forget that we are French kissing the Grim
Reaper with every breath.