From: Ravi Yogi <raviy...@att.net>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2011 10:27 PM
Subject: [FairfieldLife] Re: Sleep and TM (are youstill there RC?)

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, William Parkinson <ameradian2@...> wrote:

> Unlike Ravi, Jim, and perhaps Robin, I really find the whole notion of not
> sleeping very troubling.

Bill, I have to clarify that I mostly sleep like a log now, I did mention that
I didn't sleep much for a few months during my Kundalini descension and
explained that I believe now that it was an unnatural state since my body had
decided it was under threat and probably never triggered the right chemicals
that would let me fall asleep.

> In any event I want to make this my last post on the subject, given that it
> has developed into some side issues that I never meant to dig   > up.

No worries - welcome to FFL, threads veer off in all different directions and
several are hijacked for personal battles. Pretty soon you will be familiar
with the opposing players and if need be either indulge or learn techniques to
steer clear.

> Thx so much Barry. I took your admonishment seriously and I felt, and do
> still feel, it was heartfelt. And yes you are right. I have taken them at
> their word, even though I know this is such a subjective thing. Nevertheless,
> even if they only got close to so-called 'Enlightenment' it is very
> interesting to talk to them and see what state of mind they were in and what
> effect it had on their personal lives.

I have to clarify that I have never used the "E" word, I only share my
experiencesin the hope it might help or inspire someone.In fact I frequently
sometimes I think there's something wrong with me, my personal situation is
messed up, there's lot of strife,struggle in the world, the problems require
someone mature and responsible but yet here I am I feel blissed out for no
reason and act in a silly playful manner like a child.

> Ravi, I would still be very interested in hearing what you have to say
> concerning how, and in what way, these types of intense periods of
> illumination has helped you.

I would have to first briefly describe these intense periods of illumination.
Over a period of 7 years I went through a several stages which I would refer to
as Kundalini ascension, each experience lasted a week or 2 where as the energy
ascended to my head I noticed heightened sensitivity, intense emotions and
toward the end, intense derealization & depersonalization ending in a powerful
surge of energy that would leave me in an absolute dread and then boom it would
be gone and I would sleep exhausted. The end phase almost happened in the night
time with heightened senses as if on guard against an attack. I would return to
normal consciousness the next day.

I have to add a quick disclaimer here that I have never tried any psychedelic
drugs or never been on any prescription medication ever. However the period
above was followed by intense personal problems with my marriage, wanting to
feel love and be loved, being in a emotionally abusive relationship.

I had a final intense one in 2009, however unlike the previous ones when I got
up the next morning I was in intense bliss, as if intense blissful energy had
entered in to me. This episode lasted 3 weeks and was one of the 2 episodes of
Kundalini descension, the other one in April-May last year which everyone here
is aware of because of my erratic behavior.The first in 2009 for 3 weeks and
second for 6 weeks. Unlike the previous experiences which were very
uncomfortable, this was pure bliss which increased in intensity, I felt as if
energy was descending in droves, as each day progressed and at the end I went
through a stage of psychosis which helped my body, mind, ego to make the
transition. The state of psychosis was only a few hours during the first
whereas in the second it was much intense and over a period of 5 days. After I
hit the peak, the psychosis enabled me to survive, and it took me up to 2 weeks
to recuperate, I am awed and amazed at this
 experience and I can't believe I made it out alive.

After the first Kundalini ascension experience passed I found in a better,
newer way of functioning, however total integration and understanding on my
part wasn't complete until last year and may be still continues. Unlike many
here with TM who seem to have a lot of details on higher states of
consciousness I had none, all I had was my Guru's grace, blessings and my
stubborn insistence on following my own path.

Post my experiences I note a blissful center within myself, I continue with the
same habits, likes and dislikes however the lack or presence of anything
doesn't bother me in the least. My thoughts are not chaotic,  I'm very relaxed,
very unhurried, there's no rush to be anywhere or do anything, no anxiety, no
fears, lack of personal boundaries, easily can relate to anyone in a loving,
friendly way, the others and the world feels like an extension of myself and I
cannot create any "suffering" anymore.Since the mind is very still, doesn't
make any "stories" I feel happy and blissful for no reason, on the other hand
sometimes I feel deep incredible sadness as well. My awareness makes me meet
the ever changing reality as it is without any preconceived notions so it makes
me extremely adaptable and totally unruffled to any unexpected situation that I
come up with.