On Jul 19, 2011, at 12:42 AM, curtisdeltablues wrote:

I appreciate your offering them here for the story value. And as disillusioned as I am, the attraction of these sandals is understandable, so you need to cash all the way in for these.

I think you should go after the rich guys in Fairfield, the Zimmermans, or whoever else are the names who have the bucks and the belief system.

If I was him, I'd approach Howard Settle with an offer of 25000 USD and see if he goes for it. I bet he would, he seems very devoted. In the mean time, I'd try to get as many pictures as I could with the sandals in them. One person possibly worth approaching would be SSRS, who is reputed to have a picture of M's feet in sandals on his personal altar. I believe his main assistant would be a good contact, as he's an American. The advantage of selling it to SSRS or his foundation is that the person who purchased them would be using for his own sadhana, which in turn would be used to benefit others (presumably).

They're extraordinarily rare, as there only is one pair known to exist. I'd contact SSRS's rep. Michael Fischman.