On 08/13/2011 11:30 PM, raunchydog wrote:
> Four busloads of Ron Paul supporters departed from Fairfield this morning.
> Yep, I went to the Straw Poll. Free ride to Ames, free $30 tickets, free
> food, free t-shirts and a bunch of free tote bags. What's not to like? It's
> the Iowan thing to do. The pink tote bag "Voices of Conservative Women" has a
> cute little drawstring to keep your copy of the Constitution and
> anti-abortion literature safely tucked inside. Dem tote bags would have an
> ILGWU label, be made in America with unbleached cotton, and include Planned
> Parenthood locations and condoms, which is far more practical and less
> judgmental IMO.
>
> When we got off the bus in Ames, Ron Paul's keepers cattle prodded us to the
> voting booths before we had a chance to slip into the crowd, enticed by other
> candidates and shiny objects. Reminiscent of the Iraqi purple finger, after
> voting a burly young man with chubby hands, mashed my index finger on a stamp
> pad of indelible ink. Anyway, after I stood online for awhile, I proudly
> flashed my purple finger to get a free Ron Paul t-shirt.  I'm not the least
> bit interested in Libertarian ideology. But, I must say the Republicans sure
> know how to throw a party. I had a blast.
>
> I hung out with a couple of guys from the Democratic Party that I've known
> for many years who are political news junkies. We talked local and party
> politics most of the day and really enjoyed each other's company. They voted
> for Ron Paul because they didn't want the crazy lady Michelle Bachmann to
> win, which she did, of course.  I wrote in my vote for Rick Parry with an "A"
> for America. Thanks for the tip, Stephen Colbert's Super Pac!
> http://tinyurl.com/3tjjste
>
> Just to give FFLife a flavor of the event, I'm posting some videos and photos.
>
> I video interviewed a Ron Paul supporter, a charming young man, on the bus to
> Ames. He gave me permission to post this on the internet:
> http://tinyurl.com/3dgpju3
>
> I made a video of the last two minutes of Ron Paul's outdoor speech:
> http://tinyurl.com/3ckce5b
>
> Straw Poll Photos:
> http://tinyurl.com/3uqwbrc

Thanks for posting these.

Busting up the corporations would help.  That would create a lot of new
jobs because when companies go into "acquisition mode" they fire people
in duplicate positions (positions no longer needed because they already
have people doing that at "headquarters.").  Those jobs come back.

The public can tell the establishment they want someone like Ron Paul,
who except for the dated Austrian economics flaw has some good ideas,
but the establishment will never let them have him.