--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "raunchydog" <raunchydog@> wrote:
> <snip>
> > I hung out with a couple of guys from the Democratic Party
> > that I've known for many years who are political news junkies.
> > We talked local and party politics most of the day and really
> > enjoyed each other's company. They voted for Ron Paul because
> > they didn't want the crazy lady Michelle Bachmann to win,
> > which she did, of course.
>
> Just out of curiosity, why did they not want Bachmann to win?
> Only reason I can think of is that they hate Obama so much
> they wanted the Republican who has the best chance of beating
> him to win. Was that it? Or what am I missing?
>
> BTW, I'm intrigued by the fact that three different people
> here were so taken by your voice--speaking maybe 10-15 words
> in two very brief chunks--in that video interview that they
> made a point of mentioning it. I'm not sure what that means,
> but it's kind of striking.

These guys are staunch Democrats. They voted for Obama in the last election and
will probably vote for him again. I might hold my nose and vote for him as
well. Don't know. Will Cynthia McKinney run again? I'd vote for her in a
heartbeat. She's currently getting flack in the media for visiting Libya and
Iran and "bashing" America. Obama's presidency is such a disappointment, IMO
Hillary could beat him in a primary. One can hope.

Ron Paul is not the establishment candidate. They will not let him win the
presidency just as "they" didn't let Hillary win. Here's the clue. Paul placed
a very close second(on an optically scanned ballot, by the way.) Bachmann
received 28 percent of nearly 17,000 votes and Paul had 27 percent. In the
meantime, the media was all about dumb as a box of rocks, Perry 24/7 who wasn't
even on the ballot. New rule: Vote for the candidate the media is doing its
best to ignore. I'm just guessing but that might be the reasoning behind my
friends voting for Paul.

Between Michelle Bachmann's win and smarmy, good looking Perry's,
disproportionate media attention, they sucked all the air out of Paul's 2nd
place. There you have it, folks: The 2012 Republican ticket!

Paul has tremendous grassroots support. Hell, I'd vote for him myself if he
wasn't a damn Libertarian. The Straw Poll is a test of a candidates
organizational strength. Paul had the biggest tent, tons of supporters and lots
of cash. He lost by a mere 157 votes, enough for a paper ballot hand recount in
any normal election. "It's not the people who vote that count. It's the people
who count the votes." (Josef Stalin)

Thanks for the compliments on my speaking voice. I don't know what it means
that people liked hearing that little bit of it. Now I'm shy. Maybe I'll never
speak again, so as not to disappoint :-)