On 08/16/2011 12:14 PM, Mike Dixon wrote:
> I care because if I were a billionaire, I wouldn't invest any of my money in
> an economy that was going to keep demanding that I keep subsidizing
> poverty.When the government subsidizes something, you usually get more of it.
> I would invest my dollars where I could make a reasonable return on my
> investment.

So how much do you invest weekly in the lottery which is the only way
you'll ever be rich?

I think you are confused, the government doesn't subsidize poverty.  Now
the corporations may want that because they want a bunch of slaves to
work their war machine factories.  So are you a neo-liberalist?  Are you
a communist?  You probably don't know what the first is and you will say
no to the second but neo-liberalism is essentially corporate communism.
>From your attitude you sound like a shill for neo-liberalism.

> Billionaires created the company that gave me my first financial break in
> life, United Parcel Service.

Two teenagers founding American Messenger Service in 1907 in Seattle
which became UPS.  They borrowed $100 to start.  Some billionaires, eh?
Looks like you don't know much about the company you worked for. :-D

> That job provided me a very comfortable living for twenty-eight years and a
> retirement pension that they also guarantee for the first seven years. After
> that, I'm at the mercy of the Teamsters who will then *manage* my pension.<

I think the Teamsters want to make sure you actually get your pension
rather than getting robbed of it.

> As for "I suppose our 'FFL pseudo-billionaires' will start whining" comment,
> nice try at inoculating yourself against your own stupidity.

Why do you think I'm stupid?  You're not doing too well in that area
yourself.  Must be the water in Texas or all the Chrischuns who follow
Parry (misspellings intentional).

You certainly as predicted rose to the occasion.

>   However, I'm neither a billionaire nor even a pseudo-billionaire, I just
> don't covet other peoples property, nor was I *whining*, just reading between
> the lines.

Sounds like you're whining. Billionaires covet other people's property
so why do you support them?