--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Mike Dixon <mdixon.6569@...> wrote:

> Judy, even billionaires want to be *loved* and when  the
> President of the United States demonizes them and says that
> billionaires don't pay *their fair share*, I guess some will
> say just about anything to deflect that criticism.

Buffet's been saying the same thing for years, Mike.

> Poor rich Warren, provides so much for so many and can't
> get the respect he deserves from those 47% that don't pay
> jack-sh*t in income tax and want him to pay more.

They don't make enough money to owe anything in income
tax. Of course, they do pay payroll taxes, state tax,
sales tax, etc.

Wages have been flat for some time. Eighty percent of
American workers' wages have risen only 1 percent,
adjusted for inflation, since 1979, while productivity
has risen 60 percent. But corporate profits are soaring.

You want people to earn enough money to pay income tax,
start paying them decent wages.

> Nothing is stopping Buffett from writing an extra check
> for hundreds of millions to the Treasury of the USA.

That's your idea of "fair," let Buffet pay it all?