> Ooh, Jagger is such a courageous opinion-maker putting himself out
> there and risking the wrath of the powers that be. Ooh, what a
> trailblazer.
>
> It should be noted that the last time Jagger and the Rolling Stones
> ever tried to do something controversial was back in the '70s when
> they wrote and recorded the song "Claudine" about Andy Williams' ex-
> wife Claudine Longet who murdered her lover, ski Champion Spider
> Sabish,

Sabich. Its Spider Sabich! You psuedo quasi neo-non skier!

 in 1976 and served only 30 days in an Aspen, Colorado jail.
> Those brave souls, the Rolling Stones, were so fearful of being sued
> by Longet, that they never released the song and it is only
> available as a bootleg.
>
> At least Bob Dylan recorded and released "Hurricane" in support of
> Rubin "Hurricane" Carter (who, of course, turned out to be so
> obviously guilty as hell).
>
> Boy, that Mick is really brave, isn't he?
>

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Robert Gimbel
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> >
> > Jagger mauls Bush
> > (Tuesday August 09, 2005 10:14 AM)
> >
> > The Rolling Stones accuse President George W Bush of being "full
> of sh*t" on their new album, it has emerged.
> >
> > "Sweet Neo Con", one of the tracks on the band's forthcoming LP "A
> Bigger Bang", is known to be fiercely anti-Bush.
> >
> > However, the full force of the lyrics and Mick Jagger's disdain
> for the American leader has now been confirmed, with The Stones
> singer revealing the lyrics in a new interview.
> >
> > An extract from "Sweet Neo Con" features the following lines: "You
> call yourself a Christian, I call you a hypocrite/You call yourself
> a patriot, well I think you're full of sh*t."
> >
> > Speaking to Newsweek, Jagger explained the background to the
> track. "It is direct. Keith said (adopting Richards' voice), 'It's
> not really metaphorical.'
> >
> > "I think he's a bit worried because he lives in the U.S. But I
> don't," commented Sir Mick.
> >
> > "A Bigger Bang" is released on September 5 and is preceded by the
> single, "Streets Of Love" on August 22. The band begin their
> forthcoming world tour in Boston on August 21.

> >  Yahoo! Mail - Helps protect you from nasty viruses.

href="http://us.ard.yahoo.com/SIG=12h76q9qd/M=364397.6958316.7892810.4764722/D=groups/S=1705171145:TM/Y=YAHOO/EXP=1123704207/A=2915264/R=0/SIG=11t7isiiv/*http://us.rd.yahoo.com/evt=34443/*http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs";>Get
 fast access to your favorite Yahoo! Groups. Make Yahoo! your home
page</a></font>