--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Robert Gimbel"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- It was meant to be 'tongue in cheek';
> He usually does stay out of politics; can be dangerous and bad for
> business.

Could also be that he has been afraid -- perhaps justifiably so --
in messing with politics.

In the late '60s when the Rolling Stones, a British band and
identified with English-speakers, were in Montreal, Quebec to do a
concert, a terrorist planted a bomb underneath their equipment truck
and blew it to bits.  This was a time in Quebec in which the Front
de la Liberation du Quebec (FLQ) was active and was assumed by
everyone that they had been responsible for the bombing.

Perhaps it was this event that made Jagger and the Stones shy away
from things political ever since.