--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seekliberation" <seekliberation@...>
wrote:

> Despite having some conservative views towards fiscal issues
> and other political issues, this woman scares me.  According
> to the link below, she believes in 'submission' to her
> husband.  She has also gone on some scary anti-gay speeches.
>
> Regarding submission issues, perhaps her husband is wise and
> all knowing (though I doubt it).  But she's obviously not
> aware that there are some rather incompetent and unwise men
> out there that should never be obeyed under any circumstances.
>
> I saw her on TV being confronted about her stance on submission
> and gays/lesbians.  She did a very amateur job of disguising
> what she really meant (IMO).
>
> A lot of people I know say she's a breath of fresh air compared
> to Sarah Palin because of her intellect.  My reply is that is
> what makes her much more dangerous than Palin.

Palin's actually smarter than many people give her credit
for. She just doesn't *speak* coherently, especially
compared to Bachmann. I wouldn't give Bachmann smart points
over Palin.

Smarts aside, Bachmann is basically a nutcase. Her positions
are *much* more extreme than Palin's, and a lot of the time
she really doesn't know what the hell she's talking about--
again, more so than Palin, even.

See here for a sampling:

http://factcheck.org/2011/06/bachmanns-waterloo/

It's often not clear whether people like Bachmann are confused
or deluded, or are deliberately telling falsehoods. Whichever
is the case, she tells a boatload of 'em.

She gives so many people the collywobbles, including some
Republicans, that I don't think she has much chance of
winning the Republican nomination. It's almost too bad,
because if she did, she'd be just about guaranteed to
lose the election (although she might end up as the VP
candidate if Perry were to win the presidential
nomination).

As to your friends who say she's a "breath of fresh air,"
it's hard to know how to respond. What have they been
breathing up till now, mustard gas?