"That creates problems in some environments. The dedicated people in
those environments -- teachers, therapists, health care professionals
and even law enforcement or prison officials -- are DYING for techniques
that would help the people they're dedicated to helping. But many of
these people are also very Politically Correct savvy, and realize that
if they introduce a technique or set of techniques into their
environment that is PC-controversial, the controversy is pretty much
guaranteed to hit the fan. That's just the nature of the times we live
in."

"In comparison, TM is very much proprietary source software. It cannot
really ever be completely divorced from its origins in Hindu (or, if you
prefer, Vedic) trappings."

Except with enough science, and using the mantras only for their 'sound value',
could TM or some of these other mantra meditations become secular enough to
legally teach in public schools without crossing that church-state line?  Can
these kind of mantra meditations, like over in that other 'Mantra meditation'
thread, ever be something other than creeping hindu-ism into our public
schools?  Using mantras un-related to meaning but as vibratory sound that seem
to work in experience.

Prognosis for TM in the schools?  Would seems their camel's nose is in under
the tent thus far.

Does precedent count for something, generally in this?  Just wondering.

-B