--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "oye34vay" <msilver1951@...> wrote:

> Any of you ol' timers have an opinion about having a Colonoscopy? I
> understand that colon cancer is the second leading cause of cancer in the US,
> 100,000 a year. That's under 3% of the US population. I'm an ol' timer but I
> hate these preventive procedures. What do you think? Is it worth it? Have any
> of you ol' timers had it done? They recommend starting at the age of 50. I'm
> 60 but dam blam it, I think a good shot of whiskey twice a day keeps those
> creepy crawlers away!
>
> Mark

I've had 3 so far and I am 62.  Very easy and no pain whatsoever.  No radiation
like many preventive tests. I had a friend who died of colon cancer i his 50's
and it was not a pretty thing. He did not get a colonoscopy, even when he had
the first signs of it.   Colon cancer is totally and easily treatable when
caught early and so toxic and deadly when not caught early. So I guess my
question would be why would you Not get one?