In my experience, as I had mentioned in past post, on the "Pain
Body" one can get a sense of where tension is held in the body, and
allow the attention, to just remain there, shining the "light of
consciousness", there, so that it "shifts".

Also, on the level of the ego, you can witness, that which you feel
is your "self", focus on the ego...

Now, when you allow your awareness to be with the ego, the point of
reference, which is usually looking and seeking outward, suddenly
switch to inward;
Have the ego look inward, which is totally the opposite to what the
ego does; it's always seeking outside itself.
Now, what does the ego percieve when it looks within?
It cannot absorb the pure self within, so it starts to merge and
dissolve in that equation.

Then one starts to detach from the ego as the main "reference Point"
of awareness, and begins to trust what one intuitively knows is a
field of greater intelligence, though less defined, merged as a
feeling of awareness within.

- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "jim_flanegin"
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> being
> > >
> > > It's felt by a feeler. Therefore it's dualistic. What is felt?
> > Perhaps
> > > a sense of dis-ease, perhaps tension, maybe anxiety or
neurosis.
> > There
> > > are many different experiencers capable of experiencing. There
> are
> > > therefore as many answers are there are styles of dis-ease and
> > > separation.
> > >
> > > Not everyone experiences the enlightened state as
> > > sensation-riding-on-emptiness so it is a rather limited "idea".
> > >
> > > The idea that physiology is important is IMO merely a style of
> > > conditioning common in TM circles. You were taught that this
was
> > > important. And of course it sounds cool to say. The question I
> > > naturally would want to ask is 'why are you accepting that
> > conditioning
> > > (that physiology is relevant  re: "enlightenment") as
important?

> > > How are you defining "physiology" as an idea?
> > >
> > > The physiology and enlightenment story is a popular TMO drama.
> >
> > You are assuming that I have asked the question merely to play
out
> > drama that I am conditioned to play out, with no purpose other
than
> > reinforcing a story that my small self finds important. That
would
> > be an impractical thing to do, without any purpose whatsoever,
in
> my
> > opinion.
> >
> > Rather, the reason that I posed the question was because of my
> > personal belief based on experience, that if the idea or
> experience
> > of being unawakened can be identified and *localized* within the
> > physical body's physiology, it can be dealt with, and
eliminated,