--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Rory Goff" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> One apparently cannot determine the state of consciousness of
> another from their actions; probably given the observer/observed
> uncertainty one can never adequately determine the state of
> consciousness of another, if one is not functioning at least from
> Brahman and willing to completely "be" the other, or know the
other
> as oneself. Even in Unity there is room for inaccuracy, as one is
in
> U.C. still potentially perceiving from the POV of an unchallenged
> or "unslain" small-self.
>
> Only in Brahman is one aware of the spatio-temporal
("impermanent")
> and egoic nature of all the standard seven SoC (and thus sees that
> there is no real difference between "ignorance"
> and "enlightenment"), and even in Brahman one is or may be
> functioning through a "resurrected" small-self, which itself still
> may be quite capable of inaccurate perception-filters and so
on.  :-)

So I have apparently confused myself on this distinction. It appears
that in Unity we see everything in terms of ourselves, and in
Brahman, there is fundamentally no 'our self'. Or alternatively,
there is one Self: Brahman. Period. The creation has the
overwhelming characteristic of Wholeness and perfection.

So what is Unity? Paradoxically, there appears to be a duality in
Unity because of *the sense of perception of Oneness*, the
perception of Unity.

Whereas in Brahman, there is no perception of Unity, there is just
*being* Brahman.

Is that correct? Although I have experienced Unity several times, I
am not 100% clear about the distinction of Unity and Brahman.