--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Duveyoung <no_reply@...> wrote:

> The problem most folks have with relativity is that they don't grok "space"
> nearly as much as they do "time."
>
> Same deal with them when it comes to seeing the importance of Self when
> everyone goes around strutting as an expert on thoughts.
>
> Edg

Duveyoung, could you elaborate a bit on the second sentence? I may be dense,
and do not quite get the gist of what you are saying. As an analogy, it does
not quite seem to sync with the first sentence, so either I am unclear, or your
sentence is too vague, and if you respond, you can let me know which you feel
it is.

I get that it is easier to visualise time distortion than the distortion of
space, which I believe most probably visualise as being very rectilinear and
stable. Most seem to not appreciate there is a distinction between the concept
of 'self' as opposed to 'Self', as 'Self' is not a commonly known concept in
the United States at least. I have friends for whom this idea makes no sense
whatever.

But it only makes sense from a certain perspective. 'Self' versus 'self' does
not really mean anything if you discover what these terms are all about,
because they are part of the mythos of a particular set of spiritual paths, and
only have relevance for part of that trek when one is under the influence of
the dream.