On 11/05/2011 03:38 AM, shainm307 wrote:
> What do you guys not know about the chakras?  I think Maharishi was missing
> something.  I need to know from you guys what you think it is because usually
> i get the anwswer from an outside source, like source or whevever it comes
> from but know im not getting the answers.  I had my dad talk to you guys
> yesterday, but now im doing it myself and i need to know im doing it myself.
> What do you guys think is missing? My dad needs to learn something from you
> guys because i think his kundalini(spelling) is wrong too.  So is mine for
> instance, but I don;t think adjusting them everyday is the way to do it i
> think it has to do with more of being yourself.

What your dad posted was good.  I didn't get a chance to reply to it.
It is true that TM'ers aren't very balanced or grounded.  Some of the
more tradition meditation techniques help that.  "Om" is one of the most
grounding mantras there is and why it is used along with many mantras.
The chakras themselves will open naturally with proper meditation and
asana. A guru is essential as it is possible to meditate the first time
and have the kundalini rise to crown chakra which can be very
disconcerting.  Don't worry too much about spelling Sanskrit as it gets
transliterated various ways.