On Nov 6, 2011, at 6:12 PM, Tom Pall wrote:

> Even more interesting is that spirit/soul/consciousness/whatever, enters the
> ?subtle? body through a specific part of the physical body, lives and flows
> through specific parts of the physical body and eventually exits thru a
> specific part of the body.   And of course that Heaven is up, Hell is down.
> What a problem for those who live on the other side of the globe.  Those
> people are living in my Hell.  Then again, I'm living in theirs.  I guess
> Hell is also where we transcend to, since the bubble diagram has us going
> down.
>
> I'm inspired.  I'm going to take the lampshade off and turn the light on and
> off.  Maybe I'll be able to catch just which direction the light exists the
> bulb.   Vaj, you post some interesting and insightful things at times.  At
> other times, fairy tales.

They're not meant to be fairy tales, but one can look at them from whatever
level of consciousness one needs to. So from a more absolute absolute POV there
is no inside or outside, and so there are forms of transference that see it
from that POV: no inside, no outside, no up or down. The most relative
descriptions talk of a subtle body and a consciousness that moves from "here"
to "there" and work by applying yogic methods to move from one to the other.
But that specific abstraction is not necessary, although it can be a helpful
approach, esp. when starting or in a retreat setting.

Singer-songwriter Cliff Eberhardt actually wrote a song about this. He told me
that the song The High Above and the Down Below was inspired by the ideas of
'god above and hell below' and what that funny "fairy tale" paradox meant for
someone literally on the hell-side beneath our feet...

> Oh, why did the guru need to have his disciples come to the window where
> there was light so he could see the aperture?   This aperture was really
> someone the guru could only see in the light?    How did his disciples keep
> their brains in?

My mother always told me when I'd forget something repeatedly that I must have
"a hole in my head". She would never have guessed later in life, I'd actually
want one!

Hey, it's cheaper than a cell phone.