The USA was founded as a grand experiment of new ideas about government at the
time.  So far, it's holding true.

The economic system can be tweaked to adopt to the demands of society.  The US
economic paradigm is a mixture of economic policies.  In its pure form,
capitalism still exists in the stock market.

IMO, the greatest danger to the US government is the national debt.  This debt
is a burden to the entire government and economy.  Both major parties have
opposing views as to how the national debt can be reduced.  The longer they
squabble, the longer the problem will persist.  If we're not careful, the
accident could happen sooner than later.