--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> > that help samskaras be dissolved and those that plant sattvic seeds
> > in the mind to overwhelm the rajasic and tamasic weeds. One method
> > is like planting many flowers in a garden so that they overwhelm
> > the weeds to the point they're barely noticeable, the other is like
> > dissolving the weeds at the roots so the garden's already present
> > state can emerge.
> > > >
> > So which is which? Are you saying TM is more like one of these
> > than the other. Both methods sound positive.
> >
> > From my experience, I would say TM was more like #2. But that was
> > also coupled with a lot of introspection and work on my part to
> > root out tendencies that were causing me problems. For me TM was
> > more like a break in the action and a balm for mind and body.
> >
> Sorry Ray, the correct answer was door number one.

Oh, good.  I'll just have to revise my experience so it conforms with
your analysis.  Thanks for examples of tecniques that utilize #1.  But
just to be clear, since you reverse the order in the first and second
parts of your paragraph, I found TM to aid in a dissolving of the
samskaras.  I'm not getting the "planting of sattwic seeds" as it
pertains to the practice of TM.  Care to be more specific about that?