On Dec 8, 2011, at 12:46 PM, curtisdeltablues wrote:

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> Have you seen "Limitless" yet?

I saw it and was blown away by the implications. And with the rapid acceleration of "smart" drug use on campuses it was well within the believable. The question will be whether or not overclocking our CPU is inherently dangerous or not. So far there seems to be a bar tab for everything they have come up with. But that limit may not last. I'll bet just getting closer with fewer side affect will work just fine for most of us.

Actual yogis who develop these abilities often seem to develop a spontaneous knowledge of workable holistic forms of medicine along with their omniscience. That's what happened to my grandmaster, he was just a peasant kid with little education, yet the kings of the Himalaya sought him out for treatment.

As westerners, we tend to boo hoo these things, because no one in the west was really experiencing these states - until an American Dzogchenpa actually attained the Body of Light several years ago. When the Catholic church realized humans were experiencing it, they were forced to investigate as well - after all it appeared their founder had as well. I suspect we'll eventually find out some heretofore unknown properties of human DNA. It's really just a matter of time.