--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@...> wrote:

> Well then, it sounds like there is far more flexibility than
> the complaints have lead me to believe.

Lawson, just as a question, how can you possibly justify
any *lack* of flexibility, or the banning process at all?

I mean, the only even semi-rational reason anyone has ever
given for it is that some are afraid (and "afraid" IS the
right word) that people could possibly practice Some Other
Technique while in the domes.

So here's the question -- do you think that would actually
*affect* anything? You and others have been very vocal in
the past about TM's "bestness" and "most effectiveness" as
a technique of meditation; ditto for the TM-Sidhis. In a
fairly recent presentation, one TM bigwig went so far as
to claim (complete with LED visual aid...LEDs must be a
big thing lately) that individual meditators' thoughts
while practicing the Sidhis were "10,000 times more power-
ful than normal people's thoughts."

So you're afraid that one or two people practicing some
"lesser" technique in the domes is gonna fuck up all that
Woo Woo? Seems to me if that were the fear, they'd have
to have ten thousand evildoers practicing something else
to interfere with the powerful Woo Woo of each TM-Sidhi
practitioner, right?

Bottom line is that you are justifying the unjustifiable.
Neither the TMO nor anyone else has the right to tell
people what to believe and who they can visit as spiritual
teachers. This policy is a technique used *by the fearful*
to make others afraid and control them. *Especially* if
Maharishi regularly made exceptions to his own ill-
conceived rule when he was alive.

The other bottom line is that if people about to take the
TM-Sidhi course were told *in advance* that they would
never again be allowed to see any other spiritual teacher
and still participate in the group practice of the Sidhis,
no one would sign up. They'd take one look at the policy,
murmur "Cult" under their breath, and walk away. It takes
a real, case-hardened cultist to either accept the policy,
or justify it.