On Dec 19, 2011, at 1:02 PM, Rick Archer wrote:

No need to apologize. Amma’s “hugs” can be powerful, and we’ve seen since Mallorca that not everyone can handle spiritual voltage. There are probably lots of people in mental institutions, or who have committed suicide, who had Kundalini awakenings they couldn’t handle, or didn’t get proper guidance for, etc.

I've been told numerous times here that these type of things don't occur in TM. I must've been seeing something no one else had ever seen - or if it was happening it was rare or only happened to people who were already mussed up.

I was rather surprised to hear it in the Amma context though, as I don't believe I'd heard that before. I received rather vigorous shaktipat from Amma several times, and actually found it incredibly helpful.

(But seriously, someone who's friendly with R. should make sure he's OK. It IS the reasonable thing to do).