<snip>
"As for hugs, that's shakti and it can have that effect. Since I've had one of
those "hugs" I can attest there was a lot of shakti in it and no it wasn't
mood making. It can break lose a lot of stuff. And some people aren't prepared
for that."

Very interesting reading this AM.  The Amma "hug" testimonials validate my
experience as well.  I wasn't at all prepared and it sent me into a "spin" for
sure.  I equated it to some kind of spiritual energetic electro-shock therapy,
but I had no context for it.  I was worried for my children, because we did a
"family hug" in addition to darshan twice a day for 3 days.  My older daughter
left on day 2 (she was very unnerved), my younger daughter wanted more and
sobbed when we were leaving late in the evening after the Devi Bhava ceremony.
But, months later now, I believe it did start the "breaking loose" process and
neither child is the worse for it.  In fact, as a family, there has been much
healing.  I am a tiny bit worried that, the last night I took myself through
the whole "instant mantra" process out of curiosity versus commitment and was
out of integrity on this point.  I'm hoping she'll forgive me as I am also
pretty sure my younger
 daughter is going to want to see her again :)