from Wiki - his Kundalini transformation.

"CalamityThe next day U.G. was again pondering the question "How do I know I am
in that state?" with no answer forthcoming. He later recounted that on suddenly
realizing the question had no answer, there was an unexpected physical, as well
as psychological, reaction. It seemed to him like "a sudden explosion inside,
blasting, as it were, every cell, every nerve and every gland in my body."
Afterwards, he started experiencing what he called "the calamity", a series of
bizarre physiological transformations that took place over the course of a
week, affecting each one of his senses, and finally resulting in a deathlike
experience. He described it this way:

I call it calamity because from the point of view of one who thinks this is
something fantastic, blissful and full of beatitude, love, or ecstasy, this is
physical torture; this is a calamity from that point of view. Not a calamity to
me but a calamity to those who have an image that something marvelous is going
to happen.[10]

Upon the eighth day:

Then, on the eighth day I was sitting on the sofa and suddenly there was an
outburst of tremendous energy – tremendous energy shaking the whole body, and
along with the body, the sofa, the chalet and the whole universe, as it were –
shaking, vibrating. You can't create that movement at all. It was sudden.
Whether it was coming from outside or inside, from below or above, I don't know
– I couldn't locate the spot; it was all over. It lasted for hours and hours. I
couldn't bear it but there was nothing I could do to stop it; there was a total
helplessness. This went on and on, day after day, day after day.[10]

The energy that is operating there does not feel the limitations of the body;
it is not interested; it has its own momentum. It is a very painful thing. It
is not that ecstatic, blissful beatitude and all that rubbish – stuff and
nonsense! – it is really a painful thing.[10]

U.G. could not, and did not, explain the provenance of the calamity
experiences. In response to questions, he maintained that it happened "in spite
of" his pre-occupation with – and search for – enlightenment. He also
maintained that the calamity had nothing to do with his life up to that point,
or with his upbringing. Several times he described the calamity happening to
him as a matter of chance, and he insisted that he could not possibly, in any
way, impart that experience to anybody else.[10][14]

[edit] Post-calamityAccording to U.G., his life-story can be separated into the
pre- and post-calamity parts. Describing his post-calamity life, he claimed to
be functioning permanently in what he called "the natural state": A state of
spontaneous, purely physical, sensory existence, characterized by discontinuity
– though not absence – of thought.[15]

After his calamity experience, U.G. often travelled to countries around the
world, declining to hold formal discussions yet talking freely to visitors and
those that sought him out. He gave his only formal post-calamity public talk in
India, in 1972.[16]

"Nagaraj who was sitting quietly all this time said, "U.G., what exactly are
you trying to put across?" U.G. replied, "Depends on you, not on me. This you
don't seem to understand. You are the only medium through which I can express
myself."

His unorthodox non-message/philosophy and the often uncompromising, direct
style of its presentation, generated a measure of notoriety and sharply divided
opinions. At the extremes, some people considered him enlightened,[who?] while
others considered him nothing more than a charlatan.[17] The clamor increased
as books and articles about U.G. and his newly expounded philosophy continued
appearing.[18]

Several of his group discussions and interviews have been published in books,
and/or are carried verbatim in various websites. There is also a variety of
audio and video documents available online.[19]

[edit] DeathOn March 22, 2007 U.G. Krishnamurti died at Vallecrosia in Italy