Barry, here is my heartfelt and light response to several of your recent posts.
 Yes, I included a "funny" for you in video format, although not nearly as
"face value" funny as the Kate Winslet clip re: gender perceptions.  Nor as
humorous and gentle and as Merudanda's posts.  Mine is focused more on social
convention as an art :)

For context of my post, consider that perhaps some or many FFL participants are
giving similar treatment to all members in acknowledging and witnessing their
posts as being written by human beings; of participating in a conversation; of
expressing and sharing different points of view; of serving as entertainment or
provoking thought with regard to the topics discussed; or aiding in
understanding the human condition and ourselves better.

IMO, you misconstrued (and changed the reality) of Obba's email to you by
representing it as a "whiny plea for attention from you" and you would also
have your readers believe that you were being "compassionate" in your response.
 Is that how you were feeling about the "dreck?"  I thought you were angry.
It's O.K. - we all get angry now and again, Barry, and this is now all in the
past and the dirty laundry has been aired out..

Barry, do you really think that all of us who respond to you, who you don't
like, or who you continually put down, are just "looking for attention from
you?" And you go even further in assuming this (and I read you here at face
value as you seem so intent on making this point):

"But *THEY* are so obsessed with me that *they read every
word of every one of my posts*. They probably read them
multiple times, trying to work up enough faux outrage and
hatred to fuel a stinging reply.

Seems to me that obsession is its own reward. They're
trapped in a samskaric cycle that they cannot escape from.
They're in EXACTLY the position they want *me* to be in,
but which they cannot achieve. They have to sit there and
read every word I write, whether about them, or about
anything else.

As Ravi might say, they're my bitches. :-)

And they will continue to be as long as they continue
obsessing on me..."

You are most definitely not "prescient", IMHO.  Could you have predicted that
in Ravi's absence, you would choose to assume this part of his internet
character where you now refer to *THEY* that read your posts and respond to you
in ways that offend you as obsessed with you and your "bitches?"  So funny,
Barry, you must see the humor in this, n'est-ce pas?  I hope you weren't
serious.  You just have been presenting in such a depressed manner of late
(IMO), I'm not sure anymore.

Barry, you so undersell yourself here....think better of yourself, man.  In the
context you wrote it, why assume that the only reason I might read you, for
example, is because I am "obsessing" on you?  Was it meant as a put-down to
your readers that don't always agree with you? It says more about your own
self-worth.  Maybe I think you may have something to say that could be
"interesting," regardless of whether I appreciate all of your posts all the
time, and regardless of whether I comment back to you in ways you don't always
like.

And, this statement below from another of your posts is also truly amazing
coming out of your mouth.  Why are you here?  What is the payoff of staying
here?  You could easily correspond offline with those people you deem worth
reading - why suffer here year after year?  There is a reason, Barry, and I
hope you continue to stay until you figure it out.  Barry, IMHO, you don't see
"trends" - how can you when you only look at some of the data? You don't see
"the forest through the trees" - how can you when you are so far in the forest
yourself on a daily basis?  If you were to decide to take a few weeks off, or
even maybe one, or maybe even a few days, you might be able to walk
 out far enough
 or climb far enough up in a tall tree to get a different perspective on FFL,
as a whole and also on its participants. Again, you are undermining your own
choices and yourself badly, IMO.

"If I had to recommend to a young person what might be better
for their evolution -- hanging out on an Internet movie
forum or hanging out on a spiritual forum -- I'd have
to go with movies. You meet a nicer class of people."

And speaking of funny, because in your rant on "interesting and not
interesting" you give yourself an *out* at the end by saying that "funny
overrides everything,"
here you go.  Will this override everything and warrant a read?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=81szj1vpEu8&feature=youtu.be

THE END.... of my long and "obsessive" post to you (as I'm sure you will
characterize it), boring to the very end.  Even though I am compassionately
trying to get through to you on a couple of things.  But, not to worry, I wrote
it for myself as much as for you, Barry, and I will likely continue to read
your posts, because your participation in FFL is part of the gig and I am an
equal-opportunity reader.  So your ego should feel stroked on this one.  I wish
you peace and self-acceptance on your journey through life.

P.S.  To Robin, per your comment below and in case you also read this very
mundane response; while I may be of the same gender, I am *not* another
Obbajeeba any more than you another Ravi. Capiche?   However, I agree with your
sentiment that Barry used the same patronizing, derogatory and dismissive tone
on me last week, but I got off a few insults in my defense in descending to his
level, so I feel at peace with the whole thing.  And, I hope he is listening,
as Barry, I took your advice and "watched" this week.  I agree with you in your
decision to no longer read anyone that upsets your carefully constructed
self-image - what's the point? In your case, I would recommend that you stay
with the light humor and movie review mode here on FFL, with the occasional
"moments of clarity" generalizing the behavior of others, given your
self-assessed undeniable insight.  It would be so much more pleasant for you
and those on your DNRL, isn't that true?