Thank you Emily.  I would be lying if I said I wasn't looking forward to
your return.  And I do feel better already.  But it looks to me like
we've traded Ravi for Robin, and I don't feel it's a zero sum game.  I
think we're coming out ahead!

--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Emily Reyn <emilymae.reyn@...>
wrote:

> Steve. Â Pull up, pull out...I think I might see a ray of
light....but, come on Steve....you have a *BIG* heart, I know you
do...look how upset you were about Ravi's dismissal...after all. Â
Here's Madonna for you. Â She's in white. Â

> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TyBQ0MDDcCQ&feature=related
>

> ________________________________

weakness has been perfectly exploited, and the post which you see here
from Amsterdam is the offspring of your Inspector
Clouseauâ€"Neville Chamberlain approach to these disputes.  You
already have me smiling with these references.

> > Barry is one tricky dude, that's for sure. Poor obbajeeba. She now
knows that Barry acted with justice. I hope she realizes this.

> > The sadism, it has made you a pawn, and this is only inevitable,
given your refusal to call that nun a burglar when even the judge
declared, based on the evidence, she was guilty of stealing your
mother's jewellery.
> This is a good point.  I do seem to have a blind spot in that
regard.  FTR, it was the detective who coaxed a confession out of
her.  Her date with the judge is coming up.
> > No, Barry is much worse than I thought. But I can thank you, Steve,
for drawing him out like this.

> > Obviously he has made his case. Now go back to his post to
obbajeeba, read it carefully from beginning to end; then read Judy's
post; after that my first post to Barry; and finally read the post to
which Barry is referring here, which, according to him, *he has not
read*.

> > I think it best just to give him his rightful influence at
FFLâ€"even as he, most despicably has refused to speak to me
directly, or make his case inside the context of a counter-argument
which takes me on personally.

> > He is the subtlest liar there could be. And everything, down to the
last nuance, is, in this post addressed to you, deceitful and
manipulativeâ€"but very inspired.

> > This level of bullshit, it leaves everyone, or almost everyone, with
their head spinning. As it will yours. You see, Steve, Barry has taken
the hard and categorical position vis-a-vis myself that you in principle
refuse to or cannot take. You should take your cues from him. For he has
finally committed himself all the way.

> > You now can't have it both ways. Either you argue with Barry the way
you have argued with meâ€"which you will not do; or if you make the
half-hearted attempt to do so, Barry will just have contempt for you. As
he does even now.Â
> Robin, I will be completely honest.  I pull my punches with
both of you.  And that is all I will say on that for now.Â
> > You have allowed yourself to be used, Stevie Baby. And he looked
upon his works. And he saw that it was good.
> How about as Shakespeare in Julies Caesar might say, "And
Barry is an h-o-n-o-r-a-b-l-e man".  I couldn't resist that.
Apropos of nothing Â
> > This is on one level great fun; on another level it is politics that
goes well past poor little Nicolo.

> > You will have to come down, finally, on one side or the other,
Steve.

> > From strictly a human standpoint I deem this long post by Barry
Wright to be devoid of human feeling, and to be deliberately and
cunningly conceived out of pure malice and deceit. But to perceive this,
well, I guess you'd have to hate Barry as much as I do.
> Yes, I thought Barry's reply to Obbajeeba was a little harsh, but
that's Barry - often.  I mean, even Curtis has called him on
this sometimes.  In particular in one instance when he was harsh
in responding to you.  But, I mean, so what.  Is this a capital
offense? Â
> > Lovely man, Barry. And I am only saying this because he has, gentle
FFL reader, refuted me up and down. And this, by cracky, hurts.

> > As you can imagine.
> >
> > Barry has found your weakness, Steve, and he has put it to use
big-time. If Barry is who I think he is, then you have just received all
the proof you need of the stupidity and blindness of a particular aspect
of your modus operandi.
> Okay, confession time.  I had my astrological chart done by Hart
Defoe around 25 years ago, and he said I was a slow processor.  And
of course as recently as just last week, I was declared to be a "pea
brained heartland retard".  At least I wasn't called a
"heartless retard".  Now that might have hurt.Â
> > By the way, unless you can testify to me that you have read
obbajeeba's post to Barry; Barry's response to obbajeeba; Judy's
response to Barry's post to obbajeeba; then my first response to Barry;
then my second response to Barry; and finally, my open letter to Ravi
(#4), I will not be saying another word to you.
> Ouch!.  Does 3-1/2 out of 5 count.  (and yes, I did have
to use my fingers)Â
> > Unfortunately for those readers who enjoyed
readingâ€"perhapsâ€"posts by both Barry and Robin you are
faced with an either-or proposition, because Barry has made it thus.

> > You either go with the good guyâ€"Robinâ€"or you go with
the bad guyâ€"the unsinkable Mr Wright. No other choice, else you
will find yourself attempting to reconcile the irreconcilable.
> No, I am going with the unsinkable Molly Brown.  And that is my
final answer.Â
> > It is hard to make one's case when one's enemy chooses never to come
onto the battlefield directly. I wonder if a war could be fought this
way?
> I read a funny comment in the NYT today.  Someone asked when
Israel was going to declare war on Iran, and the answer was, "two
years ago".Â
> I am going  to take a break right now, because my daughter is
crying for chicken wings, so I better get a move on.  She likes the
one that have a little mustand tang.  BTW, thanks much for your
reply!  This has lifted my spirits.
> > But Barry Wright is a coward and a dissemblerâ€"but the
serpentine movements of his mind here will be discerned by perhaps one
of two readers at FFL.

> > The rest will have to accord him some points, just on the face of
it. Which will mean that my standing at FFLâ€"even after my letter
to Raviâ€"will have taken a major hit.

> > There is no human person arguing from behind the mask of the person
who wrote this post this morning.

> > I can feel nothing of the real Barry person. He is not there.
> >
> > He has taken a big shit in my sandbox, and I don't see how I can
clean it up.

> > Obbajeeba, want to give it another try with Barry, to see if you
can'tâ€"pleaseâ€"get him to let up on Canada?

> > Oh, by the way, Steve, there is a right and a wrong here. Barry is
not going to compromise on this, and Robin is not going to compromise on
this.

> > Any intermediate position will just come off as ineffectual and
impotent.

> > No, ladies and gentleman, it's black and white.
> >
> > Robin, the nice guy; Barry, the not so nice guy.
> >
> > How could it be any other way ? :-)
> >
> > And don't worry: I ate my spinach, so I am fine.
> >
> > That Ravi, he was a just a little boy playing with fire. If you want
to learn how it's really done, then study the masterwork of the rather
inspired Mr Wright.

> > But make sure you do the background reading as well, starting with
poor obbajeeba's post to Barry.

> > No, it looks as if only Barry were capable of coming to the defense
of himself. (You remember that challenge I issued at the end of my first
post in response to Barry's post to obbajeeba? None answered it until
now.

> > You have unwittingly provided Barry with a context to defend the
indefensible. That should tell you how seriously I took you, Steve.

> > Barry has brought forth a child conceived out of his own mind as it
made love to your exploitable post.

> > And you, dear Steve, when you first read what Barry has posted here,
you said to yourself: Ah, you see? I was right. I hope Robin reads this.

> > And you were right at least on one score, Steven: I did read Barry's
post, from beginning to end.

> > But my verdict was: This is Saddam Hussein if he had brains.
> >
> > The terror continues.
> >
> > Where are the Marines?
> >
> > Notice Barry's first and only response to my long post: the picture
of the beautiful zebra and the cheap alcohol in my name.

> > Little did he know he would awake the next day with the perfect
stooge.

> > The stooge which brought forth his true genius.
> >
> > Which is found here by the way.
> >
> > It's all quite impressive.
> >
> > Just that it has the form of perfect craftâ€"but for all that
its soullessness should make the friends of Barry weep.