On 02/22/2012 03:01 AM, merlin wrote:
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8br4JiFEik

One of the things I neglected to mention about "Another Earth" was the
poetic license they took about the idea of a planet as large as earth
that close to us.  A planet of that mass would have played all kinds of
havoc with our environment and they would be too busy dealing with that
than to try to communicate (same for the inhabitants of the other
planet).  I'm wondering how much this alignment might mess with the
perturbations of Earth and the Moon orbits though it has probably been
factored into any planetary calculations.