> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Irmeli Mattsson"
> <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Rick Archer <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
> wrote:
> > > Letter from Jon Kelly Kirkpatrick to the editor of the Fairfield
> Ledger,
> >
> > snip
> > >  However, if one really understands what Maharishi
> > > is saying, one is left with just two possibilities. When someone
> > > claims total knowledge as Maharishi has, it gives us a great
> > > epistemological advantage. How can anyone claim total knowledge
> > > unless he either has it or
> > > is a fake? Can you think of anything in between?
> >
> > snip
> >
> > I can think a whole universe in between. The world is not black
> > and white.
>
> Ah, but it can be.  Do you own a digital camera or
> camcorder?  Chances are that there is a "mode" switch
> on that camera.  Choose the right setting, and all the
> colors go out of the viewfinder.  Point it at anything,
> and all you see is black and white.
>
> There's probably another mode for sepia.  Choose that
> one, and everything in the viewfinder is displayed in
> shades of gold (or brown) and white.
>
> These are neat features.  One can look at them as being
> analogous to our ability as humans to *choose* how we
> see the world.  There is nothing inherently wrong in
> making a decision to choose a "viewfinder" setting in
> which the world appears all black and white, or all gold.
>
> What is questionable is when the person who has made such
> a choice starts to delare that the world really looks that
> way, just because they have chosen to see it that way...

****
Good analogies. Although I cannot see that we generally choose to see
the view as black and white. A new dimension or structure in our
perception seems to first appear as black and white. With more
evolution colours come with. Just as we first had black and white
movies and TV. And it is good to help people with black and white
views to get in some colours also.

Irmeli