 From: Bhairitu <noozg...@sbcglobal.net>
To: FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Sunday, April 15, 2012 9:36 AM
Subject: Re: [FairfieldLife] Re: From Mark Landau

On 04/14/2012 10:21 PM, Emily Reyn wrote:
> <snip>
> "Paul interjected to offer an explanation for how this was, more-or-less, the
> root choice of a free society. He added that communities and non-government
> institutions can fill the void that the public sector is currently playing.
> This is the myth - not happening - most of them operate with federal or state
> grants and close without. I can't figure out why the Republican's don't want
> government.  I understand the word "reform" and don't disagree in concept,
> but *society* without a federal or state government?  State governments
> depend on federal subsidies for soooo much. The money is always the bottom
> line...always.  Part of me always wishes we had *not* bailed out the banks -
> what does chaos really look like in America?  Would it have *leveled the
> playing field*, so to speak, globally?  A completely irrational thought, but
> so it goes...

Not at all. The banks should not have been bailed out.  The corporations
started lobbying congress for the bailout because they feared they
wouldn't be able to borrow money to manufacture things (GE was one).
Many economists feel that at the time it would have mainly hit the ultra
rich the poor and middle class would have survived.  This country is so
tied up in knots that a complete collapse probably is the only
solution.  Unfortunately not fun.