On Apr 16, 2012, at 12:34 PM, turquoiseb wrote:

Please tape it, Edg. I for one can't wait to get to the
to part where the TMer being checked says, "I transcended
for the entire 20 minutes...not a single thought in that
time," and Nabby says, "Yes, good, fine, etc. Now describe
to me your experience, the way I want to hear it described." :-)

More seriously, isn't it fascinating the reverence that
Nabby (and not just him) has (have) for the TM Checking
Procedure? It's as if they really believe that all life's
problems can be solved by "getting a checking."

Let's face it: the only reason such a flowchart is necessary is because none of these folks is likely to have any actual mastery in the meditative arts. So an inflexible mechanical "one size fits all" routine was required to idiot-proof the thing. Unfortunately this is one instance where one size doesn't fit everyone. Those that it does not fit will always be left hanging (no pun intended).

I'm much more impressed with the Shambhala certified meditation instructors: they have much better experience and training and they're aware of the breadth and depth of meditative praxis - and instruction and follow-up are free, worldwide.