> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808" <fintlewoodlewix@> wrote:
> >
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, wgm4u <no_reply@> wrote:
> > >
> > > Poor Edg, he just don't get it! Shiva is merely a symbolic form
> > > *representing* a formless creative intelligence of nature. There
> > > ain't no Shiva out there wearing a tiger skin,
> >
> > I rather doubt there's a formless creative intelligence out there
> > either. Whether there is god or not I have no idea, but I am not counting
> > on it. Some automatic, mechanical energy or tendency or physical process
> > that tends to organize and alter and destroy physical things sounds likely.

For there to be a god the universe would have to not be
> > how it appears to be, which would be stranger than strange.

  I think science is saying that the universe is not how it appears to be, at
least on the quantum level. Objects really are mostly space, not solid, small
particles  behave very very differently than the visible-to-the-eye world
suggests. And making a Huge leap (this for Barry, especially:-)) science is
also beginning to suggest that the feeling of having a self that decides and
manages our thoughts, decisions and feelings may also not be as it appears to
be. None of this means we behave differently, but if it is accurate, it seems
worth knowing and thinking about.