--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Xenophaneros Anartaxius"
<anartaxius@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "John" <jr_esq@> wrote:
> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, turquoiseb <no_reply@> wrote:

> > > Finally, someone who agrees with me. The only difference
> > > between JohnR and myself is that I extend his advice to
> > > ALL scripture, no matter what its supposed "pedigree" or
> > > claim to authenticity.
> >
> > Barry,
> >
> > You appear to be committing the same mistake Adam made in the Garden of
> > Eden.  That is, he thought that he was a god.  And the rest is history.
>
> Does this mean, since Adam is a fictional character, that Barry does not
> exist?

Xeno,

Personally, I believe Adam was an allegorical character representing the first
human being.  Moses wrote this story but was inspired by Yahweh to disclose how
humans were created and the conditions that followed after their creation.

The OT books are not scientific treatises about cosmology or the creation of
the heavens and the earth.  The books are the testament of faith of the Hebrew
people.  IOW, they are the record of the development of consciousness from the
basic level to unity consciousness.

To answer your question, it's obvious that Barry exists.  He just doesn't think
that no gods exist since they don't show themselves to him.

JR