--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@...> wrote:

> Everything in the universe is comprised of observer, process of observation
> and observed. If you want to get more elaborate, the initial quantum-level
> perturbations of the initial Big Bang "ylem"  give rise to the largest
> large-scale things we know of in the universe, the patterns in the background
> radiation. All of reality is merely an unfolding of the initial conditions
> set at the instant that the Big Bang happened. And those conditions were set
> by the initial interactions of the Big Bang ylem with itself.
>
> As the saying goes, consciousness all the way down (or all the way up, if you
> prefer).

The saying is nonsense because it confuses conciousness, which
takes place in your head, with some mystical beliefs about creation.
You want to disentangle the two and read some physics from people
other than those with a vested interest. Here's a good book:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Quantum-Universe-Everything-happen/dp/1846144329/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1336556965&sr=1-1

Not only does it explain the weird, but non-woo woo, nature of
quantum physics it teaches you how to do the equations yourself.
Brian Cox works at CERN BTW.

The best history of physics I've read is this:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Trouble-Physics-String-Science/dp/0141018356/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1336557165&sr=1-1

Where string theory went wrong and why we believe what we do about
reality, all from a working physicist with not a bit of quantum
mysticism in sight. Heaven!