--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Jason" <jedi_spock@...> wrote:

> Robin you say that you had to "transfer your allegience to
> another reality". There is only one reality.
>
> Has it occured to you that both east and west could be wrong
> or both partially right.?
>
> Do you realise that by completely rejecting the east, you
> have in effect 'thrown the baby along with the bathwater'.
>
> The five paras that you have written below conclusively,
> authoritatively and empricaly prove that you were never in
> Unity, Robin.
>
> Scientists say that any technology that is once unleashed
> into the enviornment can never be rolled back.  Same is the
> case of enlightenment or awakening.
>
> There is no such thing as de-enlightenment Robin.  It's a
> one way trip.
>
> Face it Robin, you were *never* enlightened in the first
> place.

Bingo! The conclusion is therefore: not the Maharishi was deceived, but Robin
was (and still is)

I found these two videos of Osho very helpful in understanding enlightenment:

You Are in Prison and You Think You Are Free
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5XyOmYVIsig

Spiritual Growth and Enlightenment
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uP5J3i1H5dA

There are several things that strike me as improbably on the account below. One
of these is the fact that Robin presents his 'enlightenment' in a straight line
leading up from his encounters with Maharishi and the experiences he has had on
courses or through plain TM ('transcending'). But in my own humble experiences,
this is not like it is. I remember Maharishi talking about the 'shock of unity'
(I am not totally sure now, if it as 'shock of unity' or 'shock of Brahman')
These were not very well known tapes, but I am sure, more than just me, who are
here, have seen it. This is what actually coincides with my own experiences in
this direction (I don't claim enlightenment though.)

Think of somebody being in a prison, and coming out of it! If you were your
whole life in a prison, you don't know what freedom is, you will only realize
it the moment you come out. It is not just a slowly and natural fading into
something you had already known before - as Robin depicts it.

Think of Plato's cave analogy, how the person, who is led outside of the cave,
first is blended by the bright sun light, before, he only knew the reflection
of light, not even the sun, but of fire.

I cannot help, and notice the strong emotional sense of nostalgia in Robins
report. I think many TM teachers can identify with these feelings, the memories
of being on rounding courses and so on. I know these feelings, but I don't in
no way, have any sense of nostalgia about it. It is simply gone, was nice at
the time, but has been replaced by something better, more true and more
liberating. So. I believe firmly, once you are liberated, there will be a break
to all of your past life, that cannot be reverted.