--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "Jason" <jedi_spock@> wrote:
> >

> > Judy, you do at times have the tendency to go off on a
> > tangent.
> >
> > The point is in the begining MMY didn't consider siddhis as
> > important.  Then for a brief period of time it was
> > considered important.
> >
> > Then, in the 80's due to lawsuits again a U-turn was made
> > that it was meant only for enlightenment.
> >
> > This is actually absurd.  No other school practices this
> > approach.
> >

> You still don't understand. Floating is a by-product of becoming enlightened.
> Becoming enlightened is a by-product of cultivating the ability to float via
> practice of the TM-Sidhis.

That's somehow circular logic here, don't you think? A (Siddhis) is the result
(by-product) of B (full enlightenment). B (full enlightenment) is the result of
(practicing) A (siddhis). Now what?

> Everyone fully expected to eventually be floating when I took the TM-Sidhis
> in the mid 80's. However, we had to prove legally that we understood that
> they were for enlightenment and no guarantee of any "power" was made.
>
>  I would venture to say that people STILL expect eventually to be floating
> when they take the course.

Bingo! One other difference, between you course, and the one I was on, is, that
we actually expected to float on the course itself. I mean, we didn't see any
videos or demonstrations of YF, we were just exposed to photos presented in a
very manipulated way, so we had the feeling people were actually staying longer
in the air then they actually did. I remember how disappointed I was, when I
actually saw the first person hopping on my course. And, after swallowing that,
when I had started hopping myself, and it started to be 'fun' and good, we were
still expecting floating in the nearby future. There was this rumor about a
press conference announced, where Maharishi would fly across Lake Lucerne, and
that would prepare world consciousness to rise enough, so that we all would
float.

Now the point I was making, was actually, while it was always stated that
enlightenment was the MAIN goal, even in 1977, the full experience of the
siddhis were a secondary goal, and at the time, this secondary goal was much
more emphasized in publications and talks, than it was later on. For example,
there were posters showing the Sidha Man, cross legged floating like a
Superman. The goal to ultimately fly was always there. It is obvious, that
through time, and failing to achieve these, this secondary goal was pushed more
into the background as a distant possibility, while at the same time it was
more and more substituted by the goals of reaching enlightenment, and, as this
also didn't work out for most people, by the goal to change collective
consciousness and achieve world peace. It's a classic case of goal replacements.