Excellent reply, Salyavin808. For what it's worth, I agree with you. People
some time in the past (and continuing into the present) discovered that there
are ways to manipulate conscious experience and some of the resultant, changed
states can be beneficial and helpful in navigating the challenges and demands
of life, as well as being rewarding just on the "feel good" and "insightful"
axes.

***