--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "authfriend" <jstein@...> wrote:

> I think it may also be time for a reminder to readers
> that, given their TM-critic agenda, one would think
> Vaj and Barry and iranitea would heartily *approve* of
> Robin, since he's the most radically anti-TM person
> who's ever been on FFL.
>
> Why is it that they go after him for having been a TB
> decades ago rather than congratulating him for having
> seen the light and rejected it all, as they would any
> other disillusioned former TMer who showed up here?
>
> It's really quite mysterious.

I can't speak for Vaj and Barry here, but you force me another time to respond
to you in a thread. I am NOT an anti-TMer. I am not anti Maharishi. Vis a vis
Robin, Maharishi is a shining light of clarity. Maharishi was a trickster, yes,
he used deception, but I believe whatever he did, he deemed it necessary at the
time, and he succeeded in making meditation popular, in putting so many people
on the path, I also think that TM ultimately is a good technique - and you
should know this, didn't I tell you that I recently initiated?

So, with all critique, I see him in an overall way on the positive side. I
think he was 'enlightened', yes, but I cannot prove it, and I don't think he
was the most enlightened person of this century or history, nor that TM is the
fastest way, or the best meditation technique. I just think that it is A
technique, not the fastest, there indeed is no fastest path.

There is no doubt at all, that I don't see the eastern path, Vedanta, or any of
the related paths, as delusional. These statements are delusional, and I cannot
imagine how anybody seriously involved on the path of Vedanta, could even give
room to them. I can only congratulate Xeno for the brilliant exposition he just
gave to Robin. There is nothing to be added to what he just said. This is true
wisdom as against some pseudo-intellectual  imposition. I will never
understand, how you could fall for this stupidity.