Barry: Reading the meltdowns of the last few days, it has become clear to me
why I don't "fit in" here at Fairfield Life.

Robin: Barry, you lying bastard! There ain't been no meltdowns here.

Barry: I am not important.

Robin: I think and know you are important, Barry. And I love you.

Barry: It seems as if most others here (with a few exceptions) believe that
they *are* important.

Robin: Well, *aren't* I? I'm finally getting the attention I have craved.

Barry: They are important because they once studied with (even if they never
met him and only saw him on videotape) The Most Important Spiritual
Teacher Since Jesus.

Robin: Jesus, though, was better.

Barry: They are important because they are the authorities on someone who posts
here that they never met, but they're authorities on him, because they
believe what he says about himself. Just as they were the authorities
about another person who posted here, and whom they also never met,
because they *disbelieved* what *he* said about himself.

Robin: A very fair summary, and I agree with this.

Barry: They are important because they know "the truth" about things and no one
else does.

Robin: Isn't this self-evident? I mean, that "they" "know 'the truth' about
things and no one else does"?

Barry: They are important because they believe they can express this "truth"
better than anyone else.

Robin: If they don't hate Canada, then this has to mean they not only believe
they can express this truth better than anyone else, but they *are* expressing
this "truth" better tahn anyone else.

Barry: They are important because *they* are saving the world through their
meditations and through the thud of their butts on slabs of foam.

Robin: You OK, there, Barry?

Barry: They are SO important that they believe others should -- nay *must* --
focus on them and argue with them and talk about them non-stop. To do
otherwise is to somehow imply that they are *not* important, and
that's...uh...BAD, because it just can't be true. They *have* to be
important, because they believe they are.

Robin: Clear, reasoned, and driven by a desire for the truth.

Barry: Call me crazy, but it is with a sigh of relief that I say I am not
important. Nothing I say here matters a damn. In a few decades no one
will remember a word I said, or even my name. Except for a handful of
close friends, it will be as if I had never existed.

Robin: If you keep opposing and hating *me* Barry, you might just become famous.

Barry: Call me even crazier, but I suggest that this is true of literally
everyone else who posts to or reads this forum. They are NOT important.
In a few decades no one will even remember that they existed. And this
applies to Maharishi as well.

Robin: Maybe so, Barry. But this does not apply to *me*. Or *does* it?

Barry: And that's the way things should be.

Robin: Probably. But what's wrong with fighting it?

Barry: A humble person would have no problem accepting the truth of this, and
even celebrating it.

Robin: I envy you your humility, Mr Wright.

Barry: Egos -- those entities that consider their selves and what those selves
believe to be important -- are insulted or affronted by the suggestion
that they are not important. They rant and rant and try to deny this
obvious truth, and pretend that they are, in fact, important. Not just
important, but IMPORTANT, damnit.

Robin: If you will just love me, Barry, I will stop posting again. Look: You're
right in everything you say here; but why should that matter to *me*? I want
fame again, Barry, "and I'm going to get it*. Just watch.

Barry: The universe laughs at them, and is already in the process of forgetting
them. It knows that they are as ephemeral as falling leaves in autumn,
and no more "important" than any of those leaves. Soon they will be
dust, and the universe will blow even that away. How important will they
be then, eh?

Robin: This is a remarkable thought. And I believe there really is something in
it. Barry: I'm a nice guy. Where did I go wrong? I need you. Now let me say a
few words here.

Renaldo drove it in even deeper.

Letterman has made Leno pay for hiding in that closet.

Mitt doesn't know how to transcend his Mormonism enough to really get a feel
for what it might take to beat Obama.

GWB's hatred for Saddam was based upon a religious experience.

Those Yankees had to lose sometime, right?

Nick Swisher: Study him, Barry. You need to be more like Nick (notice what he
does before every pitch? Looks up at the sky to salute his grandparents—who
raised him.).

Clinton has a faster mind than any politician of the last hundred years.

But he doesn't have the right kind of subjective self-consciousness. He still
hasn't revealed a single thing about Monica. And he can't.

Fidel determines the consciousness of every Cuban.

The Iranians, they're too mystical. (In the wrong kind of way.)

Watch for that Thomas Nagel book when it comes out in September.

Kabbala changed Madonna—and we miss her now.

Kant defers to Aristotle now.

And Santayana wishes he had believed those Blue Nuns now.

Ludwig: he is the very same as always. But he still likes his favourite pupil,
Elizabeth.

Jamie Diamond is still a good guy.

Jimmy Fallon would have been a priest if he lived before the Allied Bombing of
Monte Cassino.

Sartre should have played more soccer, like Camus did.

I read Robert Nozick's "Philosophical Explanations" again and again in order to
know that Truth really had gone out of the universe.

Colin McGinn, he is too much of a ladies man.

Can't get Wheaties in Canada. Just had some last night while here in Charlotte
North Carolina.

Love the USA!