--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "feste37" <feste37@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "seventhray1" <steve.sundur@> wrote:
> >

> > --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "salyavin808"
> > <fintlewoodlewix@> wrote:
> > > Aah America, the only country on earth where more men are raped
> > > every year than women. What a beacon of civilisation you are!
> > >
> > Funny how resentments carry over from events over 200 years ago.  Oh
> > well.
> >

> I guess it's tough when your beloved country is reduced to being a fawning
> lapdog of the greatest nation on earth.

It aint my beloved country old chap, it's a shit hole*. Especially
since we decided to get all our political inspiration from the
USofA. What a stupid idea that was, soon we'll have your crime
rate, obesity rate, teenage pregnancy rates, social inequality rates,
love of appalling TV rates... The list of crap imported from the US is endless
and there's a load of actually civilised coutries just over the water in
Scandanavia that we could have aligned with rather than inflicting ourselves
with gormless hicks like Dubya. So, I agree with you, we deserve all the
americanisation we get for being so stupid.

*Some of the countryside is nice but not for very much longer
as it's all got to be built on.