--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, "sparaig" <LEnglish5@...> wrote:

> --- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@> wrote:

> > > Sigh, teach your own technique to your friends, and not try to
> > > analyze TM, thanks for playing.
> >
> > I'm merely being a realist: if you're lost in distraction (i.e.
> > vyutthAna, the" outward stroke") then you're not transcending.
> > If you're not transcending, then you're meditation is not
> > transcendental.
> >
> > Therefore, you should not call it Transcendental Meditation.
> >
> > How 'bout "Lawson's Transcendental Meditation"? Outward Stroke
> > Meditation? ;-)
>
> The point of TM isn't to transcend.
>
> THe point of TM is to transcend and then to NOT-transcend.
>
> Again, you show a fundamental lack of understanding.

Lawson, Vaj and I understand *What Maharishi Taught*
quite well. What you do not comprehend -- and I would
suggest that after all these many years of all this
much brainwashing you can *never* understand -- is
that we REJECT what Maharishi taught.

We think he was wrong.

You keep parroting what he taught you. Oh...wait...
what people he taught to parrot him taught you, as
if doing so would prove that *WE* are the ones who
"don't understand."

I honestly think that we understand quite well, thank
you. I have probably taught TM to more TMers than you
have *met* TMers. I learned to parrot *What Maharishi
Taught* quite well.

It's just that a certain point I discovered that what
he taught did not jibe with my personal experiences,
and with what I had heard from other teachers whom I
admired and respected much more than him. I think he
was WAY off the mark, to the disservice of his students.

You are perfectly within your rights to disagree (never
having met him and all), and to hold him as some kind
of "authority" where meditation is concerned. I do not.
Neither does Vaj.

PLEASE stop doing the "Judy thang" and trying to imply
that because we DISAGREE with Maharishi we "never got it"
or "never understood." We understood just fine, thank you.

What YOU don't understand is that we can do that and
disagree with him. We think he's wrong.

THAT is what you either can't "get," or if you can,
are trying to denigrate by portraying us as having
"not understood." We understood fine. We think he
was wrong.