--- In FairfieldLife@yahoogroups.com, Vaj <vajradhatu@...> wrote:

> Just as that high school hockey or football player
> still reminisces on those golden days of yore, I
> could easily see how someone so strongly resonating
> with their past would tend to see the world still
> through those old daze. It merely conveys to me
> that there was no intervening time since then, in
> your life, that shone brighter. Your time in the
> movement (and shortly thereafter) was your "15
> minutes of fame". So like that football trophy on
> a dusty shelf, you're still seeing seeing the
> world through through those same old cold trophies.

Bingo. I couldn't agree more. RC reminds me of
a poem by William Carlos Williams:

so much depends
upon

a red wheel
barrow

glazed with rain
water

beside the white
chickens.

RC strikes me as *dependent* on Maharishi. Still.
Almost everything he says that he is or pretends
to be is in relation to Maharishi. His whole spiel
*requires* in the listener a knowledge of Maharishi
and what he taught to make any sense of it.

I'm not saying this to rag on RC per se, but to
continue the train of thought I posted yesterday,
about me NOT having that "dependent" connection
with Maharishi any more. He was merely a passing
influence in my life, one whom I depend on for
*nothing* in my current life or for my current
sense of self worth.

If I met someone new, someone who had never met
me before and had no idea of my past, and they
asked me to give them a quick bio, I doubt that
Maharishi's name would even come up. I'd say
something like, "I studied meditation for many
years, and still meditate today. I even taught
other people to meditate for many years, teaching
a number of different styles or types of meditation,
but I no longer do."

That's all I'd have to say. Then I'd probably
move on to being a lifelong fan of movies and music,
both of which have probably been bigger influences
in my life than Maharishi.